Towards Excellence In Biomedical Research
Presentations/ Publications/Thesis from BADAS EPs in FY 2011-12
a. In association with Endocrine Society 3 issues of `Diab Endcr J' (including one supplement for D & E Conference) have been published.
b. Ibrahim Medical College published 2 issues of the `IMC Journal'.
c. BIRDEM published 2 issues of the `BIRDEM Medical Journal'.
d. Ibrahim Cardiac Hospital published 2 issues of the Journal & `Cardiac Bulletin' each.
e. BADAS published 3 issues of `Kanti' (a Bangla popular health magazine).
f. BADAS published informative 'Diabetes News Letter' on monthly basis.
Presentations/ Publications/Thesis from BADAS in FY 2013-14:
- Prof Liaquat Ali, Vice-Chancellor of BUHS, has been awarded with IAS-COMSTECH Ibrahim Memorial Award on the occasion of the 19th Conference of the Islamic World Academy of Sciences held at Dhaka on 05-09 May 2013.
- Shirin Jahan Mumu (Asst Prof, Dept of Epidemiology) and Bilkis Banu (Sr. Lecturer, Dept of Health Education & Health Promotion) have received PhD Scholarship under the USAID's Next Generation of Public Health Experts Project (NGPHEP) implemented by the James P. Grant School of Public Health (JPGSPH), BRAC Institute of Global Health (BIGH), BRAC University.
- Hasina Akhter Chowdhury, Lecturer, Department of Biostatistics, has been selected for the Young Investigator Award in the 10th Asian Pacific Congress of Hypertension, held on 12-15 February 2014 at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cebu City, the Philippines.
- Bangladesh Academy of Sciences has honored Prof Liaquat Ali with the award of BAS Gold Medal for Sr Scientist in Biological Sciences for the year 2010 held on 20 April 2014.
- Dr. Md Rashedul Islam of Neurology Department, BIRDEM has been Awarded Gold Medal in FCPS, Medicine.
- Dr. Ashesh Kumar Chowdhury, Department of Immunology, in 2014, become one of the 'enlisted overseas (foreign) examiner' of Defense Institute of Physiology and Allied Sciences (DIPAS), Timarpur, New Delhi-110054 where researchers enrolled under different universities of India (e.g. Delhi University, Bhrathiar University Coimbatore etc.) to pursue their PhD researches.
- `Successful Bursary Awards' was given to Samira Humaira Habib for the `Exelence In Diabetes' in the feild of Health Economics and was granted a Young Scientist bursary offered by "Servier International" to attend the "Exelence In Diabetes" Conference held in Doha, Qatar in March, 2014 .
- Mr Moniruzzaman, Sr Lecturer, Department of Community Medicine has been awarded a fellowship (2014-2025) by the World Heart Federation for the 'Emerging Leaders Program' which is aligned with the World Health Organization (WHO). As a part of this program he attended the Face to Face and Think Tank Seminar for Emerging Leaders on 22-29 March 2014 at Population Health Research Institute at Hamilton Health Sciences/McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada.
- Kazi Rumana Ahmed, Assistant Professor, Department of Health Education and Health Promotion has been selected for the Young Scientist Award in the 5th Asia Pacific Conference on Public Health, 2014 (APCPH) which was held on 10-11 April 2014 in Seoul, Korea.