CONTRIBUTING TOWARDS REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT
EXCHANGE OF VIEWS
International Conferences attended by the Doctors and Allied Health Professionals from BADAS:
- Excellence in Diaberes Conference Organized by Qatar Foundation, Doha, Qatar, 28th February-2nd March 2014
- International Workshop on New Evidence Supporting Equity in Newborn & Maternal Health in South Asia, held in Kathmandu, Nepal 8-9, May, 2014
- PESON conference, Kathmandu, Nepal, November 2013.
- ISPAD (International Society for Paediatrics & Adolescent Diabetes) Conference held in October 16th -19th 2013 in Gothenburg, Sweden
- 74th Annual Meeting of the American Diabetes Association (ADA) in June 13 - 17, 2014, San Francisco, California.
- ORAL, DENTAL DISEASES AND CARDIOVASCULAR DISEAS, In Sickness & Health Conference ,Montreal Quebec, Canada, July 18-20, 2013
- 'Pre-mix summit' at Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 12th and 13th October 2013
- 18th Congress of the Asian Pacific Society of Respirology (APSR). in Yokohama, Japan from 11-14 November 2013.
- "Chest World Congress 2014" in Madrid, Spain from 21-24 March 2014.
- 23th Annual Scientific and Clinical Congress in Las Vegus, USA on 14 - 18 May 2014.
- 1st Summit of SAFES (South Asian Federation of Endocrine Society) held in Hyderabad, India 17th and 18th August 2013
- 66th Aan Annual Meeting 2014 - American Academy of Neurology (AAN) 26 April - 03 May 2014, Philadelphia USA
- 17th Congress Asean Federation of Endocrine Societies (AFES), Jakarta, Indonesia, 3-6 November, 2013
- European Congress of Cardiology 2013, held in Amsterdam, Netherlands on Sept 1-5, 2013.
- International Diabetes Federation Congress (IDF 2013) , from 2/12/13 - 7/12/13 in Melborne, Australia by Prof. Rahima Begum.
- IDE ACON in India from 20/7/2013 to 22/7/13
- 'RCOG World Congress' in Hydarabad, India from 28th to 30st March 2014
- First ELSA workshop in Bangladesh on laparoscopic and advanced suturing course organized in collaboration with National University Hospital, Singapore, July 2013.
- South Asian Surgical Care Society International Congress in Kathmandu, November 2013.
- 7th EASD/IDF/WHO organized diabetic workshop in Srilanka, November 2013.
- 26th Annual Conference of 'Asia Pacific Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (APACRS)' held at Singapore 9th - 14th July 2013.
- 5th World Glaucoma Congress held at Vancouver, Canada from 16th July to 21st July 2013
- 1st SACH conference & 2nd International CMC-PATH-CME on Cytopathology & Histopathology held on 14-15 Nov 2013.
- 15th International Congress of Immunology (ICI 2013), held in Milan, Italy on 22-27 August 2013.
- World Diabetes Congress organized by the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), Melbourne, Australia, 2 - 6 December 2013.
- 10th Asian Pacific Congress of Hypertension. 12-15 February 2014 at Radisson Blu Hotel, Cebu City, Philippines.
- World Health Organization (WHO) Face to Face and Think Tank Seminar for Emerging Leaders on 22-29 March 2014 at Population Health Research Institute at Hamilton Health Sciences/McMaster University in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada;
- 5th Asia Pacific Conference on Public Health, 2014 (APCPH), 10-11 April 2014 in Seoul, Korea.
Collaboration of BADAS with different International Organizations/ Universities
In addition to generalized programs there were some specific activities targeted to prevention of diabetes conducted by various Projects of BADAS with support from UNFPA, USAID, World Diabetes Foundation (WDF), University of Oslo, Women and Children First UK, ORBIS International, AUS AID and EU from abroad and BMRC, NIST and BRAC from home. Visiting Scientists from abroad in the FY 2013-14 Prof Akhtar Hussain, Norway, Dr Indrajit Majumder, India, Prof Dr. Prabhakaran, India, Dr Sandeep Bhalla, Dr Suresh Tiwari, Nepal, Dr Suriyado Tripathi, Thailand attended 4th Regional Public Health Conference held at BUHS Auditorium on 02-03 March 2014. Prof Pradip Kumar Roy, Director, u-Health, University of New South Wales (UNSW), Australia visited BUHS on 15-21 March as part of academic collaboration with the Department of Health Informatics, BUHS