Kidney and Liver Transplantation Unit (KALTU)
- The activity of the Kidney Transplant unit started in November 2004. When four Kidney transplantation operations were performed on the same day. Regular Kidney transplantation started on March 2005.
- Total no. of Living related donor Kidney transplantation from November 2004 to June 2014: 111
- Total no of Living related donor Kidney transplantation from July 2013 to June 2014: 10
- In June 2010- we have performed the First ever Liver transplantation operation in Bangladesh and total two successful liver transplantation were done.
Dialysis machine 01, CRRT Machine 01; Cardiac Monitor 02, Ventilator-02; Pulse Oxymeter 03, Portable Reverse Osmosis machine-1, Body & Fluid warmer-2 set, CUSA, Operating Ultra-sonogram-1, Infusion pump 02, Syringe pump 10 and Fumigator-01.
C. Research Projects in the FY 2013-2014
- Changes in Lipid Profile After Renal Transplantation
- Infectious complications in renal transplant recipient during first year
- Immediate post transplant response of patients to Ciclosporine and Tacrolmus based immunosuppressive therapy.
- Response of renal transplant recipients to Induction therapy with basiliximab.
- 10 years of Live Related Donor Renal Transplant: BIRDEM Experience.
- Comparison of different estimating equation for prediction of Glomerular filtration rate in Kidney donors.
D. Attending Course on
Dr Hedayatul Islam – DTCT student; Dr Jakir Hossain – FCPS (Medicine, 2nd Part); Dr Mirza Shariful Haque MD Internal Medicine 2nd Part.