Kidney and Liver Transplantation Unit (KALTU)
- The activity of the Kidney Transplant unit started in November 2004. When four Kidney transplantation operations were performed on the same day. Regular Kidney transplantation started on March 2005.
- Total no of Living related donor Kidney transplantation from July 2011 to June 2012: 09
- Total no. of Living related donor Kidney transplantation from November 2004 to June 2011: 94
- In June 2010- we have performed the First ever Liver transplantation operation in Bangladesh
Dialysis machine 01, CRRT Machine 01; Cardiac Monitor 02, Ventilator-02; Pulse Oxymeter 03, Portable Reverse Osmosis machine-1, Body & Fluid warmer-2 set, CUSA, Operating Ultra-sonogram-1, Infusion pump 02, Syringe pump 10 and Fumigator-01.
- Iqbal M M, Mansur M A, Ahmed Z, Iqbal S, Nahar N, Choudhury S, Ali S, Alam AKMS, Azad Khan A K. Clinical and Metabolic Risk Factor Association with C-Reactive Protein (hCRP) in Type 2 Diabetic Subjects-Base Line Finding from BNDC Trial. Diabetologia September 2011
- Ahmed Z Iqbal M M., Mansur M A., Iqbal S, Nahar N, Choudhury S, Ali S, Ahmed T, Islam M N, Rashid M A, Khan Z A, Hassan M S, Azad Khan A K. Prevalence of Hypertension, Dyslipidaemia and Nephropathy In Type 2 Diabetic Subjects of Bangladesh – Observations From A Follow-Up Project BNDC Trial. Compendium of Abstracts, 9th WCN, Vancouver 2011
- Ahmed Z Iqbal M M., Mansur M A., Iqbal S, Nahar N, Choudhury S, Ali S, Ahmed T, Islam M N, Rashid M A, Khan Z A, Hassan M S, Azad Khan A K. Therapeutic Intervention to Control Blood Pressure, Proteinuria and Dyslipidaemia for Delaying the Progression of Nephropathy in Type 2 Diabetic Subjects – Preliminary Report from BNDC Trial. Compendium of Abstracts, ASN Philadelphia 2011
- Nahar J, Sultana N, Farzin A, Nahar A, Nahar N, Ahmed Z, Mansur M A, Iqbal M M. Modification of Carbohydrate Sources by Sago and Arrowroot in Diet Increase the Scope for Adding More First Class Protein. Diabetes and Endocrine Conference 2011
- Nahar J, Mansur M A, Iqbal M M, Ahmed Z, Ahmed T, Iqbal S, Choudhury A K, Hossain R M, Hassan M S. Immune response against hepatitis B infection in maintenance haemodialysis patients. Diabetes and Endocrine Conference 2011
- Kabir AKMA, Iqbal MM, Ahmed Z, Mansur MA, Iqbal S, Nahar N, Choudhury S, Ali S, Ahmed T, Islam MN, Rashid MA, Khan ZA, Hassan MS, Chowdhury AK, Azad Khan AK, Association of C- Reactive Protein (hCRP) with Nephropathy in Type 2 Diabetic Subjects – Observation from BNDC Trial in BIRDEM, Bangladesh. Diabetes and Endocrine Conference 2011
- Islam MK, Rahman ATMN, Arif NUM, Bhuiyan AKMZI, Islam MM, Khan SA, Rahman MA. Modified Perfusion Fluid for Renal Transplantation in Developing Countries: Our Initial Experience. Transplantation Procedings. 2010; 42: 1531-1535:
- MA Rahman HU Rashid H Rahman, L Ali, HS Chaudhury, AHM Nurun Nabi, BK Farhana and AH Khan, Raised Erythrocyte Sodium-Lithium Counter Transport Activity in Bangladeshi Type 2 Diabetic Subjects With Family History of Hypertension” Bangladesh Renal Journal (accepted) .
D. Attending Course on
- Mohammad Mehfuz-E-Khoda (MD Internal Medicine, 2nd Part)
- Hddayatul Islam – DTCT student
- Zakir Hossain – FCPS (Medicine, 2nd Part), MD (Cardiology, 2nd Part)
- Mirza Shariful Haque MD Internal Medicine 2nd Part.