GENERAL HEALTH CARE DELIVARY
Desirable Dietary Pattern for Bangladesh
The project is being implemented in BIRDEM in collaboration with NFPCSP, FAO, USAID and MOHFW.
Output of the Projects
The national dietary guidelines prepared by BIRDEM has been accepted and published jointly by Ministry of Food and Ministry of Health & Family Welfare and funded by FAO. A series of meetings were held between the experts and finally it has been finalized.
Mother and Child Health
Conducted four Community awareness program, Development of four posters, one leaflet & three GIFTs Newsletter. Two International GIFTs meeting were held and Six (6) manuscripts have been prepared for peer reviewed journal based on Phase 1 findings.
Women and child health
- 180 women's groups conducted monthly meetings including community meetings on different maternal and neonatal health issues in 3 unions (Charbishnupur, Krishnapur and Aliabad) of Faridpur district under the CLEAN Project funded by Implementation Research Platform (IRP)-WHO.
- 196 women's groups conducted monthly meetings including community meetings on different maternal and neonatal health issues in 3 unions (Balua, Jorgacha and Vatgram) of Bogra district under the DFID funded Project.
- To assess the progress of the ongoing activities of WHO-IRP funded CLEAN project, a performance review meeting was held at the PCP head office in May 2014, which was attended by concerned head office staff and the District Manager. Activities scheduled for the next reporting period, obstacles faced by the field staff, process evaluation and any other issues, came up for discussion.
- Completed a 6 day Training of Trainers (ToT) on Community Mobilization for the Women's Group Coordinator, Women's Group Supervisors and District Manager that was held from September 09 to 14 September, 2014 at Bogra office. Women's Group Manager conducted the training. Dr. Monogna Chitralekha Kundu, Consultant of Obstetrics and Gynaecology , Dr. Nazrul Islam, Consultant Dept of Pediatrics of Mohammad Ali Hospital were present as resource persons for this training.
- PCP organized four days refresher training on Community Facilitation Manual for women's group coordinator, women's group supervisors and Volunteer Facilitators at Upazila level in Bogra. The first batch training was held from March 15th to March 18th at Upazila Health Complex (Bijrul), Nandigram for the facilitators of Bhatgram Union. 19 Volunteer facilitators were participant in this training.
- To strengthen the primary health care facility at the community level and build ownership, PCP established links with staff of 10 Community Clinics (CCs) of Faridpur district. In Bogra, under DFID funded project, PCP established links with the functional 12 community clinics. Women's group leaders now attend all 12 functional community clinic committee meetings on a monthly basis.
- PCP organized training on financial management for PCP staff on March 31, 2015. 6 staff from Bogra field office and 9 staff from PCP head office participated in the training. District Managers of Faridpur and Bogra attended GO-NGO coordination meetings regularly. The coordination meeting is held every month. All NGOs working in those districts attend the meeting and present their activities to apprise the government authorities.
- Surveillance Manager conducted training on mobile phone data collection for 3 monitors and 1 M&E Coordinator for Bogra project. District Manager participated in the training. It was a 8 day training that held in Bogra field office .The training included 3 days practical training in the field. Surveillance Manager (SM) provided 3 days refresher training on using mobile phones for data collection for Monitors. Monitoring Coordinators and District Managers attended the refresher training.