Expanding the Movement
BADAS and its Affiliated Associations
- Diabetic Association Barisal has a plan to establish 250- beded Hospital, Nursing Institute and a Medical College with the support of BIRDEM, and Ministry of Health and Family welfare.
- Bogra Diabetic Association has planned to establish a full fladged Medical Hospital at Matidali in Bogra, to establish Eye care unit at each health care center through negotiation with ORBIS.
- Faridpur Diabetic Association Expansion of Hospital, Establishment of Nursing College & Health Science Institute.
- Jhalokathi Diabetic Association In order to establish a Diabetics General Hospital the Association is trying to extend the 4095 Square feet existing building vertically during this year.
- Jhenidah Diabetic Association is trying to establish Jhenidah Diabetic Hospital Nursing Institute and Medical Assistant Training School (MATS)
- Magura Diabetic Association have already owned 120 decimal land by gift. The Mutation work of the land is under process. After mutation they will take necessary action to acquire the land and to build up a own premise (Office & Hospital Building) for Magura Diabetic Samiti.
- Narayanganj Diabetic Association:
(i) A new scheme for establishment of a new Diploma Nursing Institute. At present academic building has already been completed and other activities is under process. The plan for establishing a Nursing Institute is under process.
(ii) Have a plan to establish a medical college.
- Diabetic Association Pabna is going to establish a nursing institute with the support by Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. And this hospital will add new units like Cardiology & introducing Endoscopy etc.
- Patuakhali Diabetic Association
A Diabetic Hospital in the name of `50 Bed Diabetic Hospital, Patuakhali' has been sanctioned by the Ministry of health & Family Welfare, Government of Bangladesh, Dhaka.
It is learnt that work order has been issued to the selected contractor, observing necessary formalities, for establishment of the said Hospital at it's own land.
- Naogaon Diabetic Association They have started 30 bed indoor hospital at the first floor of their building. They have also plan to start outdoor services for specialized physicians, surgeons and Gyenocologists at the second floor.
Biomedical Engineering & Medical Physics and Hospital Management have been started already at Bangladesh University of Health Sciences.
Nursing Award Ceremony
Thirteen nurses of different hospitals of Diabetic Association of Bangladesh were given Mahbub-Uz-Zaman Award-2015, for special contribution to nursing profession at a function organized by Bangladesh Diabetic Association at BIRDEM Auditorium on 12 May 2015.
NHN Centres/ Hospital at new location
In near future NHN is planning to setup more Healthcare Centres, Hospitals and Nursing Colleges. Such as
- Shahid Khalek & Major Salek Ibrahim General Hospital at Haturpara, Dohar, Dhaka.
- Proposed Fayzullah Medical College & Hospital and Razia Khanam Graduate Nursing College at Birulia, Khagan, Ashulia.
- Proposed Khairunnesa Medical College & Hospital and Nursing Institute, Bishnupur, Munsef Quarters', Comilla. The developmental project proposal is now under Ministry of Social Welfare.
On the occasion of World Diabetes Day on 14th November and on the Occasion of 60th Anniversary of Diabetic Association of Bangladesh on 28th February an Essay competition were organized by BADAS among the students of various Medical Institutes of BADAS.
Increase patients awareness about TB-DM co-morbidity
Development of awareness is an important task to promote early cases detection and prompt treatment delivery. During the reporting period various kind of awareness activities have been accomplished to build awareness among DM patients as well as mass population regarding TB. Since DM patients are more prone to have TB, so, the message regarding TB has been incorporated in 65,000 DM guide books.
Total 27,112 DM patients have been counseled through 259 counseling sessions to build awareness among DM patients. Besides, 1500 posters and 100,000 leaflets have been developed on TB- DM co morbidity. To sensitize mass population total 3 TV and 4 radio programs have been aired.
To sensitize medical care provides and to maintain common management for all patients of TB with DM total 3000 National Guidelines on management of TB-DM co morbidity and 1500 training manuals have been developed during the reporting period.
Bangladesh Institute of Health Sciences (BIHS)
MOU has been signed for establishing Malek-Ibrahim Medical College. 'Shahid Khaleque and Major Saleque Beer Uttam Trust' is going to donate Tk15 crore for creating medical manpower at Bangladesh Institute of Health Sciences (BIHS).
Kidney and Liver Transplant Unit
has achieved 16 Living related donor Kidney transplantation from July 2014 to June 2015. Total number of Living related donor Kidney transplantation from November 2004 to June 2015 is 116 .
Ibrahim Cardiac Hospital & Research Institute (ICHRI)
The plan of expansion and conversion of Ibrahim Cardiac to Ibrahim Cardio Thoracic Neuro Vascular and Transplant Hospital & Research Institute will be implemented very soon.
Once completed this will offer comprehensive cardiovascular and thoracic treatment while allowing introduction of therapeutic modality to treat patients with end stage disease using life saving and life extend organ transplant procedures.
The plan is to consolidate on the kidney transplant that is already taking place and will start liver, bone marrow and heart transplant in phases. For this a twin Operation Theater with suitable pre and post operative ICUs will be established and the work is in progress.
Department of Cardiology of ICHRI
The cardiology department encompasses 78 inpatients beds out of which 18 beds are allocated for Coronary Care unit (CCU), 6 beds are for SD-CCU (A), 12 in SD-CCU (B), 10 in Cath Ward, 12 in Sakina Ibrahim & Pediatric Cardiology Ward, 10 in General ward and the rest are used for the treatment of a wide range of cardiac conditions, both acute and chronic, Comprehensive Invasive and Non-Invasive services are offered.
Already Organized Events
School Camp (Diabetes & Pusti); Juvenile Diabetes Control Program; World Heart Day; Free Diabetic Camp for Journalist; Diabetic Scientific Seminar; World Kidney Day; Day Robi Health Camp; Joint Venture Free Eye Camp (CDA & Rotary Club); UNDP & CDGH Joint Venture Health Camp were held during this Financial Year
Dinajpur Arranged Free Cleaft plalate & Harelip Surgery Camp in Dinajpur Diabetic Hospital every month. Total Number of surgery done : Cleaft plalate (CP) = 92 & Harelip = 86