Extension of Diabetic Care (EDC)
Goals & Objectives
- To recruit 550 settled GPs from Thana level (at least one from each Thana) for Certificate Course on Diabetology with the aim of creating Accredited Physicians.
- to make the chambers/clinic at the APs suitable tor diabetes care (by providing them glucometers, ophthalmoscopes, tuning forks and refrigerators for insulin storage).
- to create an electronic network through mobile phone to monitor and share data
- To provide diabetes health education to the diabetics and their family members attending at APs chamber by the health educators from the nearest Afliﬁated Associations.
- Overall aim is to increase diabetes care coverage from existing 25% to at least 50%.
- As a part of manpower training, 209 doctors have attended Certificate Course on Diabetology, 204 doctors came out successfully in Batch- A to L. Batch-M will be started on November 2014.
- Mobile Network Installation & operation: An agreement was made and signed with TRCL for making a network with doctors working at Thana level. For this, TRCL is making Software and essential infrastructures at BIHS at Darus Salam, Mirpur.
- Enrolment of doctors from remaining Thana.
- ID number and Guide Book have been given to all diabetic Centres.
B. Accredited Physician Scheme – APS
BADAS is now stepping forward to extend diabetic care from District level (Affiliated Association) to Thana/Upazilla level by creating Accredited Physicians (AP) from the EDC trained GPs who are already practicing there. 76 (Seventy Six) Accredited Physician Centers have been opened for patient.
So far successfully 76 (Seventy Six) Accredited Physician Centers have been established under this project.